As an AmazonAssociate and Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. Although I may get a small commission, I strive to provide honest reviews of products to keep my readers happy! Full disclosure
We all know that when the idea of electric bikes was first introduced back in the day, it was met with a lukewarm response. Since then, the public and critic perception has changed a lot. Slowly but surely, e-bikes have won over the critics and they have proved themselves to be a very viable mode of transportation.
Perhaps no other e-bike on the market encapsulates everything that is good about e-bikes better than the Trek Townie Go 7D. It is simple, efficient, and clean. In looking at the Trek Townie Go, I can safely say that the only qualms that I have about this e-bike are nitpicked at best. It excels in everything that matters. So, without any further ado let’s get into the review for the Trek Townie Go electric bike.
Trek Townie Go 7D Features
I am going to break everything down for you starting from the features, the pros, and the cons of this e-bike. Let’s start with the features:
- It is a unisex bicycle meaning that it is not designed for a specific gender and works great for everyone.
- Although it can be used by anyone who is looking to get from point A to point B, this e-bike is ideal as a beach cruiser. We will discuss this point in-depth later on in the review for this e-bike.
- The Trek Townie Go has a charge time of nearly 6 hours. It is not the fastest by any means but it’s definitely not the slowest.
- On a full charge, the Trek Go gives you a maximum range of 50 miles which is a very respectable distance, many e-bikes in this price range have a maximum range of 20-30 miles. However, don’t count on going the full 50 miles without a charge though as these ranges=s can vary depending on the terrain and usage. So, think of it more like a 45 miles maximum range just to be on the safe side.
- This e-bike gives you a top speed of 20 Mph which is more than enough considering the intended use of this trek electric bike.
- The Townie electric bike has 250 watts of power and 40 Nm of torque. Again, for an e-bike, it is not bad at all.
- Trek Townie Go has a wheel size of 27.5” and it weighs around 48 pounds. It has an Aluminum frame, and it comes with disc brakes.
So, just by looking at the spec sheet, it looks like a very formidable e-bike. But how does it perform? Does it live up to the features that this e-bike advertises on paper? Let’s take a look at its pros and cons to find out.
Pros of The Trek Townie Go 7D
- Affordability – Before we go into the deep end with the performance of the Townie Trek Go, let’s first get the price out of the way. It is incredibly affordable. Given all the features that you get with this e-bike, the price is more than fair. I would go as far as to say that it gives you a great bang for your buck. Sure you might not be getting some of the bells and whistles that other e-bikes might offer but you have to remember that everything comes at a price. The Townie Electric Bike is perfect if you want a reliable e-bike at a great price.
- Acceleration – The first thing that stood out to me when comparing the Trek Townie Go to other e-bikes in its class was how great the acceleration was. It takes minimal effort and time to get to top speed. The acceleration on this e-bike is nothing short of spectacular.
- All Terrains – This point ties back to when we dubbed this e-bike as being the ideal beach cruiser. It adapts surprisingly to all kinds of terrain given the lack of a suspension system. A smooth riding experience is important because you will not always be riding on smooth roads. Your e-bike has to be able to adapt and the Trek Townie Go is great at doing this.
- Uphill and Downhill – This Townie electric bike has no problems at all going up steep hills or any sort of incline. Part of the reason for this is its powerful acceleration and great braking system. It has enough power to easily power through gravity on steep inclines and its braking system makes going downhill feel safe and secure.
- Comfortability and choice – The Trek Townie Go is a no-nonsense e-bike. It is simple and clean in design and does the job. It is very comfortable for the user. The saddle is great, and you will not get tired easily when riding this e-bike. It also comes in a variety of color options to choose from.
As you can see, the Trek Townie Go has some great things going for it. It is an all-around great e-bike that excels in all the major metrics of performance. But nothing is perfect, there are some cons for this e-bike as well. What I found amazing was that you really have to start nitpicking to come up with some cons for this Trek electric bike.
Cons of The Trek Townie Go 7D
- Lack of throttle-only feature – It would have been a nice addition to have this feature. So, if you are someone who has a use for this feature, you will be disappointed.
- Simple LCD – As we have mentioned above that this is a very simple and basic e-bike. And that shows more than anything in the LCD that comes with it. It has limited functionality. It will not be able to show you range or speed details.
- Battery Capacity – The battery that comes with the Trek Townie Go is almost 310 Wh. It is a little bit towards the lower end when compared to some of the competition. This is not to say that the range or the power is bad on this e-bike. Just having a stronger battery would have been nice.
That is about it. There’s not much, but these are all the cons that I could find on this e-bike.
If you are someone who is looking to buy their first e-bike or if you are someone who wants a clean and simple e-bike then the Trek Townie Go 7D just might be the ideal option for you. I hope that you find this electric bike review helpful. Best of luck!